What are essential oils?
Essential oils are liquids that are distilled or pressed from plants. Essential Oils are highly concentrated and powerful, so a little goes a long way! Oils are absorbed easily by our bodies because the makeup of the oil compounds are so similar to that of human cells. Oils that are of high quality and distilled properly will never bring your body out of homeostasis. If one part of the oil would put you out of balance then another part of that same oil will bring your body back into balance. Pretty cool! The use of essential oils is not a new thing (they have been around for centuries) and they can be used in a variety of ways!
Why Young Living?
We chose Young Living because they have been around for 20 years, offer over 150 oils to choose from, and they monitor the production of oils from beginning to end through their unique Seed to Seal process. You can learn more about that process at www.seedtoseal.com
One of the reasons that Young Living cares about the quality of their oils is because oils are a non-regulated industry. In a non-regulated industry is was super important to me to trust the quality of what I am putting in and on my body. There is a big difference in the different grades of oils, so please do your research!
A few safety tips:
1. Not all oils are made for ingestion & can actually be dangerous if they are not of good quality. Never ingest an oil that is not GRAS (generally regarded as safe as a food additive by the FDA)
2. Never put oils in your eyes or your ears.
3. Dilution is always recommended for kids, people with sensitive skin, and new oil users.
4. Store your oils in a cool, dark place and avoid extreme temperatures, hot or cold. This is so your oils don't lose their potency.
5. When adding oils to your water, always use a glass container!
6. Purity & quality are SO important which is why we are so proud to use Young Living!
7. READ YOUR LABELS!!! The info is all there!
8. When in doubt, ask! Our team is a GREAT resource and always here to help!
Wondering how you use Essential Oils??
INHALE: Straight from the bottle or from a diffuser. PS Diffusers are AWESOME and you will quickly want one in every room of your house ;)
INGEST: You can make gel capsules at home, put a drop in your water, or even a drop straight under your tongue. (Remember, I am only talking about YL oils because I am confident of the quality)
TOPICALLY: Apply the oils (just 1-2 drops) on the desired area using dilution ratios suggested on the bottle
**QUICK NOTE: WHAT IS A CARRIER OIL?? A carrier oil is an oil that you add to the essential oils to either dilute it for sensitive skin OR to cover a larger surface area of your body. Some examples of carrier oils are: coconut oil, V6 blend from Young Living, grapeseed oil, or even organic unscented lotion.**